Which symptoms and subcategories are correctly aligned?
A. Dissociative disorders: multiple personality disorder, dissociative amnesia, and dissociative fugue
B. Schizophrenia: hypochondriasis and conversion disorder
C. Mood disorders: disorganized, paranoid, catatonic, and undifferentiated
D. Somatoform disorders: generalized anxiety, panic, obsessive compulsive disorder, and PTSD
3. All of the following are common changes that occur in adulthood except
B. life reviews.
D. midlife transitions.
4. What are the purposes of dreams, according to Freud?
A. Unconscious wish fulfillment
D. Dreams for survival
5. Behavioral therapy would employ all of the following treatment techniquesexcept
B. aversive conditioning.
C. systematic desensitization.
D. exposure treatment.
6. If you believe that the body is a machine and will eventually stop working efficiently, you believe in the
A. genetic preprogramming theory
B. disengagement theory
C. wear-and-tear theory
D. second shift theory
7. The textbook discusses the DSM-IV TR. What does that mean?
A. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition Transfers
B. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition Text Revision
C. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Dementia, Fourth Edition Text Revision
D. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Dementia, Fourth Edition Transfers
8. The James–Lange theory says that emotional experience is a reaction to
A. a combination of bodily events occurring as a result of external situation and physiological arousal and emotional experience.
B. bodily events occurring as a result of an external situation.
C. a combination of nonspecific kinds of physiological arousal and its interpretations.
D. both physiological arousal and emotional experience as well as nerve stimuli.
9. The scientific method involves
A. theories and operational definitions as well as hypotheses and research.
B. hypotheses and research.
C. theories and operational definitions.
D. neither theories and operational definitions nor hypotheses and research.
10. The following are all correct types of memory except
11. A newly formed cell caused by the union of an egg and sperm is called a/am
12. All of the following are examples of types of influences we encounter except
13. There are _______ stages of sleep.
14. Common childhood disorders include all of the following except
15. Insomnia affects approximately _______ percent of people and nearly _______ million people suffer