scenario: During a quality improvement (QI) meeting at ECHO Hospital there is discussion about the increased number of patient readmissions related to medication non-adherence. click here for more information on this paper
Using the information above and the assigned readings create a discussion post in response to the following:
- Discuss at least three (3) areas for assessment which may indicate why patients do not adhere to their medication regimen.
- What would be an appropriate outcome (realistic, measureable and contains a time frame) for patients in this situation?
- Identify and provide rationales for at least three (3) nursing interventions used to promote medication adherence.
- Identify three (3) members of the healthcare team with whom the RN could coordinate and communicate patients’ needs regarding medication adherence.
- Provide a rationale for the selection of each of the above team members.
APA STYLE AND REFS. NO MORE THAN A PAGE WITH AT LEAST 2 CRRENT REFS NO OLDER THAN 5 YRS OLD.
- Alspach, J. (2011). Medication adherence before and after a stay in critical care: what nurses need to know. Critical Care Nurse, 31(4), 10-14.
- Petty, J. (2013). Medication adherence and patient outcomes: part 2: interventions and resources to overcome low health literacy. Clinical Nurse Specialist CNS, 27(6), 286-288.
Suggested Reading click here for more information on this paper
- Anthony, Maureen PhD, RN. July/August 2014.Patient Safety. Home Healthcare Nurse. 32(7):389-390.
- Burnette, M. (2011). Increasing medication safety.AORN Journal, 93(3), C1.
- Dickson, G. L., & Flynn, L. (2012). Nurses’ clinical reasoning: Processes and practices of medication safety. Qualitative Health Research, 22(1), 3-16.
- Dreyer, Theresa. (2014). Care Transitions: Best Practices and Evidence-based Programs . Home Healthcare Nurse. 32(5): 309-16.
- Miranda Jr., S. (2011). Back to basics, medication safety at the bedside: a nursing administrator’s perspective. Pennsylvania Nurse, 66(3), 6-10.