What percentage of your working day is involved in communication?
Week 1 Assignment: Communication Behavior Analysis
· Due Friday by 12pm
· Points 30
· Submitting a file upload
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 1, 5
Prove for yourself that communication is both frequent and important
by observing your interactions for a one-day period. Record every
occasion in which you are involved in some sort of human communication.
Based on your findings, answer the following questions:
1. What percentage of your working day is involved in communication?
2. What percentage of time do you spend communicating in the following contexts: interpersonal, dyadic, small group, and public?
3. What percentage of your communication is devoted to satisfying
each of the following types of needs: physical, identity, social, and
practical? (Note: you might try to satisfy more than one type at a
4. Based on your analysis, describe at least 5 ways you would like to
communicate more effectively. For each item on your list, describe the
· Who is involved (e.g., my boss, my co-workers, my friends, etc.)?
· How you would like to communicate differently (e.g., act less defensive, speak up more, etc.)?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
This activity will be graded based on the W1 Self-Evaluation Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
Due Date: By 12 p.m. EST on Sunday
The post What percentage of your working day is involved in communication? appeared first on Homeworkshine.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.