Engaging in a political process enables a nurse leader to influence others in order to achieve a set of professional goals. Conduct extensive research on the importance of political process in nursing, and answer the following questions:
- How can average nurses be involved in the political process?
- What do you do or should do in order to become more politically active?
Discussion Question 2
Effective leadership can help nurse leaders to bring about a desirable change within the system. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, gain adequate insight into change theories and change management, and answer the following questions:
- What does it mean to be a change agent? Give two examples of when you were a change agent or witnessed another nurse as a change agent.
- What happened and how did the change occur?
Topic 1: Nursing Research
Nursing research differs from research in other fields in that nursing draws data and develops interventions from a broad knowledge base (e.g. social science, biology, chemistry, etc.). The advantage of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary collaboration is increasingly apparent. Review Bringing Science to Life: The Interdisciplinary Advantage (NINR, 2011).
After reviewing, please address the following:
- Compare and contrast nursing research to that of other fields of study.
- Appraise the role of the NP in the process of collaboration with researchers in other fields.
- Distinguish the role of the NP in clinical trials.
At least 3 references no older than 5 years with intext citation APA format with at least 300 words or more