I have included the two websites you need to reference in this discussion post. This post is to be at least 150 words with at least ONE APA source to reference throughout the post, and to reference in APA format at the end of the post as the reference.
Safe Medication Practices
For this discussion, review this week’s Internet resources, linked in the Resources, and answer the following questions:
• What do the Internet sites have in common and how do they take different approaches to providing information to health care workers about improve patient safety?
• Which of these sites would you be most likely to consult for policy development or education on safe medication administration for your current practice? Why?
http://ismp.org/Tools/BestPractices/Default.aspx (Click download once to go to the page)
Topic: Best wound care approach for patients with foot ulcers
During this lesson, you will use the PICOT questioning format/formula to develop an answerable research question. All elements are listed below:
· P: Population/disease (age, gender, ethnicity, disorder)
· I: Intervention or variable of interest (exposure to a disease, risk behavior, prognostic factor)
· C: Comparison (a placebo or “business as usual” such as no disease, absence of risk factor, or prognostic factor B)
· O: Outcome (risk of disease, accuracy of a diagnosis, rate of occurrence of adverse outcome)
· T: Time (the time it takes to demonstrate an outcome; e.g., the time it takes for the intervention to achieve an outcome or how long participants are observed)
prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) presentation on a topic of your choice that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education, leadership, quality improvement, or change
Your presentation should include:
1. Identification of an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern
2. Design a research question using the PICOT format
3. A brief literature review and findings related to best practices with at least three scholarly resources cited in APA (6th ed.) format
4. Plan, Do, Study, Act Process that could be used
5. Any implications that the investigation might have for nursing practice
The presentation includes an appropriate topic identification related to an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern. The topic is clearly stated in the introduction, developed and explained well through the literature review, and there is an appropriate conclusion statement.
PICOT Question Design
Population is fully defined and present in the research question. Includes specific interventions, identifies comparisons, and presents appropriate outcomes in a timely manner for the question. Overall, a well-built question using the PICOT method.
Includes a brief overview of the literature in the presentation and includes relevant details.
Presentation includes a description of the study, study design, rationale, and inclusion of sampling information that the student is using.
Implications to Nursing
The significance and applicability to nursing is included and well presented.