You will need to use two sources to write this critique analysis. The first source is your psychology textbook. (Use the current edition of the textbook that we are using for our course). Your textbook will assist you in better understanding your article and writing your critique.
The second source is an article from an APA approved peer-reviewed journal, preferably a journal published within the last five years that addresses a psychological concepts or topics of interest to you. The article you select to write your critique analysis must be data-driven. That is, the research study must incorporate the experimental or correlational research design. Moreover, the article must have the major components of a research study (i.e., An Abstract, introduction, Methodology, Results, and Discussion sections) you must use the APA Style Manual (6th Edition) to write your paper. Here’s the format for writing your paper:
- A title page with RUNNING HEAD, the title in the middle of the page
- Page numbering in the upper right corner beginning with 1 on the title page
- In-text citations in APA format (that means the citation follows either the quote or the paraphrase of the information provided)
- A reference page at the end (called References) in APA format
Template for Your Critique Assignment:
Page 1. A title page with your name, course, instructor’s name, and title of the article you are critiquing. (APA format)
- Page 2. Title of article and APA-citation
Write a summary in narrative form about your article, using the questions below as a guide. In other words, do not respond to these questions in a question/answer format.
The following questions will guide you in reading, understanding and writing this section of the assignment.
- What are the variables or issues of interest in the study?
- What is the study’s hypothesis?
- Who specifically were the participants in the study and how were they selected?
- What research method was used in the study–experimentation or correlation?
- What did the researcher have the participants do? Explain in some detail.
- What if any ethical issues were identified in the study?
- What were the major findings of the research study?
- Why are these findings relevant to psychology?