Using Nightingales Environmental Theory, what actions would the nurse take upon the first assessment?
Your session expires after 180 minutes of inactivity, which protects your information in case you’ve left your device without logging out. Hit a key or click anywhere to stay logged in.
Oh, There You Are!
Collapse side panel
- Table of Contents
- Module 1: Research and Nightingale
- Module 1: Discussion Question
Module 1: Discussion Question
Start by reading and following these instructions:
. You should research your answer and cite at least one scholarly source when appropriate, and always use quality writing. The discussion board is never a place to use text language or emoticons. You will also be asked to respond to your classmates. This is designed to enhance the academic discussion around the topic. It is all right to disagree with something posted by another, however your responses should always be thoughtful and respectful and reflect
Think about your unique nursing practice specialty area and the population you serve.(dialysis) Is there a clear connection to practice and theory in your specific nursing specialty area? In this discussion post, you will describe the relationship between theory and nursing practice and how you could implement theory into nursing practice.
- Describe why nursing theory is important to today’s nursing practice.
- How would you select and introduce a nursing theory or model into your nursing practice?
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Mrs. Adams, a 68-year-old widow who was referred to case management upon discharge from the hospital based on her physician’s recommendation that she is not able to care for herself independently. Her diagnosis is diabetes, hypertension, and breast cancer. She is 5 days’ post-op from a right sided mastectomy. Mrs. Adams apartment is located in a low income area of the city where crime is prevalent. Upon assessment by the Community Health Nurse, Mrs. Adams apartment was in disorder with minimal airflow or light. Her cloths appeared unchanged and she had no food in the apartment. The small apartment also housed 3 cats and a small dog who Mrs. Adams considers family since the death of her husband 1 year ago. Mrs. Adams complains of pain and draining from her surgical site and a broken air conditioner.
· Using Nightingales Environmental Theory, what actions would the nurse take upon the first assessment? What are the five essential components?
· What would be an appropriate plan of care be for Mrs. Adams? How would you prioritize the care plan?
· Apply Nightingale’s Environmental Theory to an area of your nursing practice? What patient population would benefit from this approach? Support this practice change with at least one evidenced-based article.
The assignment should be completed in APA format, as an essay of between 1000 and 1500 words. The paper should include at least 3 outside references and the textbook. The paper should be in APA format with a title page, level headings, and reference page.
The post Using Nightingales Environmental Theory, what actions would the nurse take upon the first assessment? appeared first on Homeworkshine.