LP7.1 Assignment: Sample Deployment Plan
Directions: Create a sample system deployment plan that can be used for one of the Electronic Health Record applications. You can use either Allscripts or Waiting Room Solutions to complete this assignment or you can also use the same application that was chosen in the Learning Plan 6 assignment “Develop a training plan for successful system implementation”.
Not sure what a deployment plan is? You MUST search the web for examples. Here is the link to one example:http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/cadiv/segb/views/document/sections/section8/8_4_10.htm
Remember these are the questions you need to answer:
1. Explain what resources are required to ensure the plan is successful
2. Make sure to include information about which application functions are going to be used
3. What type of healthcare setting the system is being implemented in.
4. State reasons why this particular application was chosen for this healthcare setting.
5. Determine the most appropriate approach for system deployment
6. Describe risks involved in the system deployment (for example, costs, time, system failure).
7. Explain how the risks would be managed.
8. Explain the challenges in regard to privacy, security, legal aspects, and data quality