Psychosocial: caregiving in older adult Nursing and Wellness Scholarly Paper
· As per the UNB/Humber Student Handbook, late assignments will be penalized 5% per day (excluding the weekend) off the total assignment mark.
· Students will also hand in a hard copy of the paper and a printed copy of their three (3) articles at the beginning of your scheduled class. It will be considered late if not handed in at the beginning of your scheduled class.
This scholarly paper requires the student to analyze a health issue relevant to the older person population. The student is expected to:
· Discuss a health issue and its relevance to the older person.
· Identify and discuss two (2) factors, which increase the risk of developing the health issue.
· One factor must be related to a social determinant of health.
· Identify and discuss two (2) nursing interventions to address the health issue for this population. The student will provide the rationale to support why each intervention was chosen.
· Interventions should follow the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion.
· One intervention should focus on creating a supportive environment and the other intervention should focus on developing personal skills.
1. Knowledge and its Application
1.1 With direction, accesses and applies relevant data, information and knowledge to promote and understanding of the complexities and relationships of health, wellness and illness.
1.4 Recognizes the determinants of health and their influence on professional practice, disease prevention, health promotion, protection and health maintenance.
2.1 Writes with beginning awareness of the elements of scholarly writing, accurately portraying the concepts of wellness, health and illness in relation to nursing practice.
2.5 Begins to use relevant information and communication technologies to support learning and nursing practice.
5. Social Justice/Effective Citizenship
5.2 Recognizes the central attributes of Primary Health Care, caring and social justice and their relationship to culturally competent and safe nursing practice.
Paper Topic: Health issues might include the following:
Must add the topics we discussed here
1. Discuss one (1) topic of a health issue as provided by professor.
· Students will apply one of the assigned health issue topics and discuss the aspect in relation to the older adult population within the body of the paper (see next section).
2. Identify and discuss two (2) factors which increase the risk of developing the health issue in relation to the older adult population.
· Students will identify two (2) factors which increase the risk of developing the selected health issue in relation to the older adult population.
· One (1) one of the factors identified must be a social determinant of health that increases the risk of developing the health issue.
3. Identify and discuss two (2) nursing interventions to address the health issue for the older adult population.
· Students will identify and discuss 2 nursing interventions within the context of the two (2) Health Promotion strategies: developing personal skills and creating a supportive environment.
· The student will provide rationale to support how each of the two (2) nursing interventions address the health issue.
4. References will include ONLY (3) student selected scholarly references from nursing authors.
· Select ONLY three (3) peer-reviewed articles with a publication date no older than 2009.
· Article needs to be a peer-reviewed and pertain to the selected population of the older person.
· You will use ONLY 3 references and this WILL NOT include the best practice guidelines or standards of practice (marks will be deducted if you use more than 3 references).
· You may utilize the best practice guidelines or standards of practice within the body of your paper and on your reference list, however, they will NOT be included in the 3 references.
· The student selected articles can be from any country and from any nursing area, (e.g. client home, hospital, long-term care, or outpatient setting).
The post Psychosocial: caregiving in older adult Nursing and Wellness Scholarly Paper appeared first on Academic Essay Guru.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.