The purpose of this assignment is to (a) identify and articulate a healthcare issue, problem, or inefficiency that requires change; (b) use a change model to describe a realistic change; (c) identify the change ensures alignment with the organization mission, vision, and values; (d) develop a change strategy to guide initiation, implementation, and management of the change; and (e) identify roles and functions of individuals who will facilitate this change.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO 3) Identify different modes of organizing nursing care and describe the importance of implementing a nursing delivery model that meets the goals of the patient, unit, and organization (PO 2, 7)
(CO 4) Identify the importance of delegation and describe ways in which the registered nurse can utilize delegation skills to optimize team functioning and patient care (PO 3, 6)
(CO 7) Identify various team strategies for problem solving that enhance patient centeredness and value added care (PO 8, 9)
Due Date: Submit by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 4.
Total Points Possible: 200
1. This paper will be graded on quality of paper information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
2. Create the review using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as an MS Word document because it will end in .docx.
3. Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
4. The length of the paper is to be no greater than five pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read by the instructor and will not count toward your grade.
5. Please name your file using the Required File-Naming Protocol for Submission of Assignments under Policies.
6. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and a reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See the APA manual for details. See the resource under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment:
b. Identification of change
c. Alignment with organization’s values
d. Outline of change model steps for this change
e. Describe initiation, implementation, and management of the change
PREPARING THE PAPER
1. Clear introduction; identify the issue for change and the unit or department.
2. Describe a change that is realistic in the current organization and healthcare environment.
3. Describe how the solution aligns with organization mission, vision, and values.
4. Explain the change model and actions related to this issue at each step in the process.
5. Identify the roles of individuals that would initiate, implement, and manage the change.
6. Summarize main points from the body of the paper.
7. The paper will be five pages maximum, excluding title and reference pages.
Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
8. Title and reference pages must be in APA format (6th edition).
9. Use 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of