This activity is designed to expose you to a variety of nursing theory perspectives.
Research several nursing theories and select one.
Analyze the theory. Your analysis should include:
- Description of the theory’s background and influencing factors, including worldview
- Explanation of the underlying assumptions
- Summary of how the theorist views the five patterns of knowledge:
- Empirical knowledge (the science)
- Esthetic knowledge (the art)
- Personal knowing (nurse-patient relationship)
- Ethical knowing (what constitutes good actions for that patient)
- Emancipatory knowing (sociopolitical considerations)
- Evaluation of major strengths and weaknesses
- Application strategies for clinical practice
- Citation of case example from personal or professional life that describe the application in practice
Cite at least three scholarly articles.
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation
- 3- to 4-minute podcast
- 875-word paper
- another format approved by your instructor
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.