PS370 Research Methods in Psychology
Directions: Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double‐spaced pages; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format requirements.click here for more information on this paper
In Lesson 4, you submitted a review of the literature (article summaries), a proposed research question, and a hypothesis related to the topic of self-directed learning.
Read over all the comments and suggestions you received for your past submission. Use these comments to improve your final submission. Review the grading rubric to make sure you have included all the necessary components.
For this assignment, you will submit the remainder of the research paper, including the components below:
- Proposed Methods (1 double-spaced page) click here for more information on this paper
- Proposed design of the study
- Proposed participants (sample) you would use
- Proposed materials and apparatus
- Description of procedure
- Proposed Results (1 double-spaced page)
- What statistical analysis you will use to analyze your results
- Any supplemental analysis you might run if your hypothesis was not supported
- A figure of your predicted trends (remember to keep it in APA style)
- Proposed Discussion (2 double-spaced pages)
- A restatement of hypotheses and whether they were supported (based on your proposed results)
- Connecting your results to past research
- Alternative explanation for results
- Limitations of research
- Generalizability of findings
Please refer to the rubric on the next page for the grading criteria for this assignment.