Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize you with the way psychologists conduct research and communicate their findings to the public. By completing this assignment, you will learn how research is conducted and presented in psychological journals. In doing this assignment you will use your critical thinking skills and your writing skills to successfully complete this assignment. You will also learn how to critique a journal article. This assignment is worth a possible 50 points.
Directions: Using the College’s online databases, locate an APA peer-reviewed journal article that is based on a psychological concept or topic of interest to you.
- Identify your psychological concept or topic of interest
- Using the College’s online databases find a peer-reviewed article in psychological journals that is based on a psychological concept or topic of interest to you
- Submit your article to your instructor for approval
- Read your article and identify the major components of the study (i.e., the Abstract, Introduction, Methodology, Results, and Discussion)
- click here for more information on this paper
- Identify the major components of the article and briefly describe each component of the research study
- Write a critique of the article by discussing how the article relates to your psychological concept,or topic of interest and what you have learned as a result of reading this research study.
- Submit your 1st draft to your assigned peer reviewer
- Submit your 2nd draft to your instructor for feedback
- Submit your final paper to your instructor
- Criteria for Grading