- 12-1 Using the information in Table 12-7, construct a PERT network and answer each of the following questions:
- a. What is the expected project completion data?
- b. What is the scheduled start and completion date for each activity?
- c. Which activities are on the critical path?
- d. How long can noncritical path activities be delayed without jeopardizing the overall completion date for this project?
- 12-2 Assess the impact of the following changes to the time estimates provided in question 12-1. Individually, what is the impact if:
|Activity||Predecessor||New Time Estimate|
|O. Advertise for new staff||N||4|
|P. Interview for new staff||O||6|
|Q. Select new staff||P||1|
|Collectively, what is the impact of these changes?|
- 12-3 As project manager for the example included in question 12-1, what would you recommend to preserve the original project completion date if activity A was reestimated to take 8 weeks, not the original 4 weeks? Provide details.
· Table 12-7 Project to Convert a 20-Bed Unit in a Nursing Home to Accommodate Patients with Dementia
|Activity||Predecessor||Time estimate (weeks)|
|A||Secure state approval||–||4|
|B||Identify 20-bed unit to be used||A||1|
|C||Move existing residents||B||1|
|E||Develop architectural plans||A||9|
|F||Install new heating and ventilation systems||E||4|
|G||Install security systems||E||2|
|H||Move walls; renovate||F||4|
|I||Identify new equipment||A||1|
|J||Order new equipment||I||1|
|K||Unpack and inspect new equipment||J||1|
|L||Install new equipment||D, K, H||3|
|N||Identify new staffing needs||M||1|
|O||Advertise for new staff||N||3|
|P||Interview for new staff||O||2|
|Q||Select new hires||P||3|
|R||Develop care plan protocols||M||1|
|S||Train staff||R, Q, M, L||1|
|T||Modify quality assurance plans||S||2|
|U||Coordinate with hospital discharge planners||T||4|
|V||Complete internal audit||U, G||1|