Select one of the following disorders:
- Depressive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® at least 10 slide presentation in which you compare and contrast the major approaches to clinical psychology—psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family systems—in relation to the selected disorder. Address the following items:
- Discuss the philosophical origins of each approach.
- Identify the goals of each approach.
- Describe the techniques and strategies used by each approach.
- Explain how each approach affects the treatment strategies for your selected disorder.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each approach, in relation to your selected disorder, based on treatment outcome research.
Comparison Matrix and Outline for Psychology
There are three (3) articles for reading and comparison matrix/outline for completion
Article 1 – Socialization of doctoral students to academic norms by Weidman & Stein (2003)
Article 2 – Developmental networks and learning: Toward an interdisciplinary perspective on identity development during doctoral study by Baker and Lattuca (2010)
Article 3 – Critical thinking distance education and traditional education bt Visser, Visser & Schlosser (2003)