Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 2-3 pages
Points Possible: 120 Due Date: 1/10/2010 11:59:59 PM CT
Compare and contrast two of the following five research methods in psychology described in your text or on the internet. These research methods include: Case study, Naturalistic observation, Correlation research, Survey research, and Experimental method. Include in your discussion the research techniques, reliability and validity, generalizability, strengths and weaknesses of your choices.
Use chapter 1 of your text, the AIU Library, and the Internet for research.
As with all assignments in which you are referring to someone else’s writing, cite any sources used and format them according to the requirements of the APA style guide.
This formatting includes, but is not limited to, the following guidelines:
• Margins – set to one inch
• Font – 12pt. Times New Roman, no bold, or underline
• Title – center above the paper, 12 pt. font (Level A Heading), no bold, underline, or italics
• Pagination – every page; consists of a header containing a short title for the paper and page number placed in the upper right corner of the page
• Line Spacing – double space all work including the References Page.
• Point-of-View – third person, objective; limit perspective to research; no personal opinion or narrative
• In-text citations – must conform to APA requirements
• References list – must conform to APA requirements
(For information on the APA style, review the AIU Library Citation Center and either search the Find Article and Books databases, or click Find Web Resources, click General Studies, and then click the plus sign next to Psychology.) Suggested Library
Resources To Support this Assignment:
AIU Library Citation Center
AIU Library Find Article and Books Databases AIU Library Psychology Database For information on Macintosh Word shortcuts, click here.
Please submit your assignment.